Cant move mouse

Topics only related to the game franchise Battle in this forum.

Moderator: l2es-Java

jestar

Cant move mouse

Post by jestar » Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:56 am

Hi everyone ive recently tried to get onto Battlefield 2 servers but it just aint working. I log on to a server, and when I go to spawn somewhere, my mouse doesnt move. Ive tested on 3-4 servers and get the same problem. Can any1 help? Thanks jestar

R4V3N

Post by R4V3N » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:55 am

seems like a graphics problem to me m8y, what card have you got? and what settings have you selected within the game? i would personnally turn down my graphics to the lowest settings and then see if you gained movement..if you do gain move moment slightly adjust the graphic settings and try again.. repeat this until to have a balance between graphics and gameplay... I have heard about this same problem b4 from a member of the clan who when turned on high settings just couldnt move in game...

hope this helps ya a little....

R4v.......

Jestar

Post by Jestar » Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:21 am

Ive got a ATI Radeon 9200SE and 512mb RAm. Ive got all the settings to the absolute lowest. Strange thing is, two days ago it was working fine, with no settings changed. I duno. I might try reinstalliong the game.

Thx again,
Jestar

R4V3N

Post by R4V3N » Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:07 pm

wish ya luck buddy, sorry but if it was working and just stopped im stumped as to what else it could be.. yup a reinstall may fix it.. i would also do a good system clean up and reinstall my gfx drivers ( being a ati user myself this would include net framework 1.1 and the latest CATALYST Control Center aswell )..

Fingers crossed x

R4v.................

Freaky

Post by Freaky » Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:10 pm

I am still using ati 5.8 drivers for my graphics card...i am sure the current version is at 5.10 at the moment, is any one using them and if so are they experiencing any probs with them

R4V3N

Post by R4V3N » Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:33 pm

yup freeky i use 5.10 and they run a treat...

Freaky

Post by Freaky » Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:10 pm

cheers rav, i will update today and give them a whirl.

My technical advice for the mouse not moving is to try a bit of cheese, i am sure it will move then...lol

*** Update

my computer wont take the ati 5.10 drivers, it locks my computer up on load up. I used the catalyst uninstaller to get rid of my 5.7 driver, then installed 5.10 and what a nightmare.

I am now back to using 5.7.

windows xp sp 2
AMD athlon 64 3500
1024 corsair dual ram
asus n8 deluxe mobo
radeon 9800 pro 256mb

So its not as if i using a crap system, yet it wont work

Dockers

Post by Dockers » Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:15 pm

This isnt a graphips card problem.What has happened is you controls have been wiped clean... In the options screen go to controls.. They are most likely blank, just click restore default and away you go.. But you will need to program back in your custom controls.. Hope this helps...

Freaky

Post by Freaky » Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:24 pm

thx for trying to help dockers, but i meant after reinstalling the ati 5.10 driver it tells you to reboot machine, upon reboot the machine locks and it wont load up.
I then have to go into safe mode uninstall 5.10 and then reinstall 5.7 drivers for the graphics card.

Hope this aint confused ya...lol

R4V3N

Post by R4V3N » Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:48 pm

aint got a clue why the 5.10 drivers wont run your pc freaky.. did you download the full 5.10 catalyst and control center?(if so you need net framework 1.1) or just the 5.10 display driver(net framework 1.1 not needed) .... and to be honest i never use the unistaller i just update over the top of current drivers...

But never mind m8y war still goes on......lol

R4v...................

Dockers

Post by Dockers » Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:47 pm

Post was in answer to jestar's post.. No confusion here...

Jestar

Post by Jestar » Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:58 am

Yet agian thx guys I'm trying Dockers idea now.
Looks like what started off as a mouse problem has evolveds into a driver problem.

Great site, Great Members, Great Help.

Know you'll kill em on the Battlefield,
Jestar

Jestar

Post by Jestar » Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:43 pm

Just decided to tell u that thx 2 dockers idea its all working

Cya,
Jestar