12 things I wish I knew before playing Battlefield 1

Topics only related to the game franchise Battle in this forum.

Moderator: l2es-Java

l2es-brune
Planetside 2 moderator

12 things I wish I knew before playing Battlefield 1

Post by l2es-brune » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:20 pm

Some handy tips in this article guys, especially the FOV bit.

http://www.pcgamer.com/battlefield-1-guide/

l2es-Chaos_King

Post by l2es-Chaos_King » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:21 am

A good link from that page to how to become a better shot. I need all the help I can get :D

l2es-mrix
Community Founder

Post by l2es-mrix » Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:30 am

Some nice tips there Mr Brune to get the best from this game!
nice to learn all this stuff prior to the game arrival 8)
Cheers
|2es-mrix

l2es-roguesamurai

Post by l2es-roguesamurai » Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:03 pm

Howdy folks. I'm playing the already thanks to the Origin early access. It's good fun, but takes a lot of getting used to. It's very different to BF4, a lot more like Battlefront (which I wasn't a fan of). The movement/mechanics/graphics are much more like Battlefront than BF4 though.
I played about 4hrs last night and will be playing another 4 or 5 tonight. Good fun, though not getting very good kd ratios yet. I miss my scout heli's from BF4. But will take the time to learn to fly the planes in this game.
Can't tell you much more than that yet as 4 hrs is barely scratching the surface. You get to play 10 hours in total in the early access trial, your stats carry over to the full version. You have to subscribe to the Origin Access thingy which is about 3 or 4 Euro a month. You get 10% off the price of the game too, and there are some really good games you can play for free. All the Mass Effect games, all the Crysis games, BF Hardline etc. I will just cancel it if I don't play any of them.
BTW, you all missed out on Rainbow Six Seige! it was plagued by cheats for some time until they put a proper anti cheat system in place. But was a good game.
I've only got the Deluxe version of BF1, as didn't want to spend over 100 quid incase it turns out shit. They aren't using Punkbuster this time, you'd think they'd learn from the cheating in other games that good anti cheat is essential. Fingers crossed. Rented servers can now only be rented from EA, they haven't given much detail on what you'll be able to control. Server admin is the best anti cheat of all when done right. But don't know if admins will be able to ban people etc.

l2es-brune
Planetside 2 moderator

Post by l2es-brune » Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:08 pm

Hiya Rogue (glad to see your alive and kicking!), I'm suprised you didn't play in the beta m8, after a few hours I was convinced this would be good :) I can't say that I agree about Battlefront, this game is definately breathing battlefield fire! The gameplay for me was through and through battlefield (also it's not third person!) with peeps only issue being the ticket system which they kind of addressed in part during testing. Looking forward to bayoneting and clubbing to death a few Res buddies very soon :D

l2es-mrix
Community Founder

Post by l2es-mrix » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:59 pm

Hi rogue, nice to see you are still knocking around :D 8)

I really enjoyed the Beta, pretty much everything about it, well apart from my kill / death as you experienced :lol:

The only thing that will let this game down in my mind is a poor or none existent anti-cheat :cry:

Still really looking forward to playing this game and trying the other maps :!:

Did you play the same map as we did on the Beta ?

Cheers
|2es-mrix

l2es-roguesamurai

Post by l2es-roguesamurai » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:17 am

Hi all, yes I played the beta a bit too. Not much though. I have played around 8 hours of the game now in the early access and it's really growing on me. The beta map imo is the worst. Too open for snipers. There are some good town/city maps that are much better for infantry. There are a few little bugs but nothing major. I find when I get in a vehicle I can't do anything at all for what seems like a minute or so, then it just kinda kicks in and starts working. When this happens spawning in a plane its interesting. Doesn't happen all the time though and will no doubt be patched soon enough.
The other maps also look much better graphics wise. When I played the beta I immediately thought 'Battlefront reskin' like hardline was a BF4 reskin. But the other maps are far more impressive. I have a GTX 980TI 'classified' graphics card and can run it smoothly on ultra with all the bells and whistles. But its quite a demanding game, which is good. Even if you have to turn a few things down it'll still look good and worth playing.

l2es-OmiMace

Post by l2es-OmiMace » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:48 pm

Loving the game very much and I will be returning to the fray again tonight. As for the anti-cheat system being none existant thats not entirely true they got something in place. During a 3 hour stint last night I clocked around 15 people in the chat log getting banned by the anti cheat sytem they got in place.

For me that was not bad going and not once did I feel like I died to someone suspiciously, never once thinking aimbot :)