PlanetSide 2 -- E3 Theater Presentation

Please only post topics related to the Planetside franchise here.

Moderator: l2es-brune

l2es-brune
Planetside 2 moderator

PlanetSide 2 -- E3 Theater Presentation

Post by l2es-brune » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:21 pm

Excellent video for the uninitiated :)

Featuring classes, vehicles, customisation, grouping up, stat tracking etc!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goNh81Du ... e=youtu.be[/youtube]

l2es-BedlamBob

Post by l2es-BedlamBob » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:33 am

I'd not seen that before. Thanks Brune.

Signed up with a vague hope of the beta, but will definately be up for this one. Will be nice to have a clan focus again.

Bob.

l2es-chunkymr

Post by l2es-chunkymr » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:01 pm

I have signed up for beta, just awaiting key code!!!
Yep defo going to get this when it comes out :D

l2es-tinsle

Post by l2es-tinsle » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:17 am

I was just about to post this video but brune got here first guys its worth watching gives you an insight to just how bloody good its going to be and the atention to detail they have gone to i cant bloody wait

l2es-roguesamurai

Post by l2es-roguesamurai » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:17 am

I had an email about Beta, wanting my system specs. However when I went to login, I couldn't remember username or password. Got user name now, but it wont give me password. I keep trying 'forgot password' but it tells me I've used it within 24 hrs, which I haven't. So thats stuffed it. Looking forward to giving this a go.

l2es-roguesamurai

Post by l2es-roguesamurai » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:00 pm

After several attempts I've made a new account. Had to turn off the internet cookie settings so it allows all cookies etc. But got there in the end.
Just looked up the game on wikipedia, here's what it says about the graphics engine, as I was a bit curious as to what the graphics are gonna be like -
"The game will use SOE's Forge Light Engine which in turn uses nVidia's PhysX API for its physics engine. This enables more realistic vehicle handling compared to the previous PlanetSide, especially when it comes to flying aircraft. Weather and day/night cycles are also possible as well as volumetric fog and clouds which players can hide in. Bullets are also simulated by the physics engine so players will need to compensate for gravity while aiming."

So from that it sounds like an Nvidea card is the way to go to make use of the PhysX. Apparently it's been built from scratch for this game. Should be good looking, not quite BF3 or Crysis, but still good.