|2es Clan Changes

Forum used as a general chat area
l2es-mrix
Community Founder

|2es Clan Changes

Post by l2es-mrix » Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:51 pm

Hello all, with |2es clan continuing to grow day by day changes have to be made and a better structure inplace. One idea which is going to take place is that the clan will be divided up into various squads of around 6 members per squad this could increase at some point. There will be a leader picked for each squad and maybe after a settling in period the squad leader may wish to have a co-leader etc :?: The overall process of this splitting into squad idea will be taken very carefully and we want everyone to be happy in what ever clan they end up, if they find they are not happy after a short period of time then we can sort it! :wink: With this idea various squad members can focus more on team work as they have set team mates all the time and will get used to each others style of play.
Please feel free to post your likes and dislikes on this idea
Cheers
|2es-mrix

LabRat

Post by LabRat » Sun Oct 16, 2005 5:03 pm

Great idea

Tags need to reflect this

Squad1 |2es-LabRat

Make it the start of the tag and we can all add it no probs and change it.

l2es-mrix
Community Founder

re:

Post by l2es-mrix » Sun Oct 16, 2005 6:02 pm

Very good point! :wink:
Cheers mrix

mind you the name of Squad 1...2....3....4 might not be a good idea as most will think squad 1 is best :lol:

LabRat

Post by LabRat » Sun Oct 16, 2005 6:05 pm

If everybody thinks squad 1 is the best than DON'T HAVE ONE!!!!!

Have Squad 4 and upwards..............................

Being seriouse - If people with pety egos insist on being in squad 1 then the not realy team players!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Freaky

Post by Freaky » Sun Oct 16, 2005 6:05 pm

How about summot like:-

Alpha company
Bravo company

etc

No matter how you do it you will alwyas get peeps thinking alpha or 1 is better, but in the army this isnt always the case...hence my suggestion

Maverick

Post by Maverick » Sun Oct 16, 2005 6:53 pm

Yeah good idea mrix... I am up for that, no problems.

But we shouldnt need to change our tags, the people in individual squads will know the other people in that squad. The only time you might need a flag to identify who is in your squad is right at the start, but after a little time the squad will be a cohesive unit and the tag will be unessessary.

Also it may help to know what people's prefered kit is, therefore people can be divided evenly... Hence, I mainly play assualt or spec ops, team me with people who mainly play other kits...

l2es-mrix
Community Founder

re:

Post by l2es-mrix » Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:38 pm

Yea some very good points I`ll take it deffinately onboard
Cheers
|2es-mrix

|2es-Cyrus_The_Virus

Post by |2es-Cyrus_The_Virus » Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:00 pm

Would rather not be put into a squad, don't really like the idea much... think its better if we just have random squads on matches and what not rather then making permanent squads.

l2es-mrix
Community Founder

re:

Post by l2es-mrix » Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:08 pm

I must stress we will be very carefull who goes where etc and hopefully everyone will be happy and if not its not set in stone etc so we can sort it!
Cheers
|2es-mrix

orienteer

Post by orienteer » Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:14 pm

Could prove difficult as the chance of a set of squads being online at the right time will be lucky. Worth a shot mid you but it will obviously be close buddies joining together, fact of life.

The concept of developing productive squad profiles is another idea, i.e. are 2 assault, 2 AT, 1 medic and 1 heavy gunner an effective squad ??

Do you need a sneaky squad i.e. 2 spec ops, 1 sniper to go ahead behind enemy lines as well as a defensive squad as above for defense and another one or two to assault ??

You're right if we don't try ideas we'll never develop so whatever the general wants, the general gets........ when are we on next gen' mrix :D

orienteer

( at home, no broadband ...... sad puppy !! )

|2es-Cyrus_The_Virus

Post by |2es-Cyrus_The_Virus » Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:57 pm

Thats the problem i saw m8, we all come on at different times ect and we might go to play a match and lets say i'm the only person on my squad that turns up, then we're screwed lol, we'd be better off just sorting out Kits for matches etc, like everyone puts there top 3 kits they like to use or if they are a commander or what not.

l2es-mrix
Community Founder

re:

Post by l2es-mrix » Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:01 pm

not having enough member on could be a problem but we are having members join day by day and to get an average on maybe we could increase individual squad sizes.
Cheers
|2es-mrix

R4V3N

Post by R4V3N » Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:46 pm

The use of squads is a very good idea and as we all know is the nature off the game. As i see it people have mixed ideas about wether or not they are a good idea, well the answer is yes and no. Squads are the ideal way for the clan to gain victory when it comes to things such as clan matches are even clan to clan practice matches when the time for a structure is needed but on an average night i feel that there is no need as people will be joining for different periods of time and arriving at difference times.

My surgestion is that on practice/training/interclan matches the squad idea should be developed upon. while just on and average night leave people play as they like this will only help advancement of skill and also give members the ability to find there home within the game i.e. kits/ weapons of choice and so forth.

Basically it boils down to the fact of do you want the clan to enter things such as ladders and tournements and enter the realm of clan wars, which for myself bring great joy if so you will need to set a structure where we as clan can function with the least amount of effort upon the field of battle.

R4V3N

l2es-mrix
Community Founder

re:

Post by l2es-mrix » Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:44 am

Its very interesting to see all these idea`s coming in and I can see that we are going to have to be very carefull how and if we go about making up squads :wink:
Cheers
|2es-mrix

MadDog

Continuous Improvement

Post by MadDog » Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:35 am

I did like R4V3N's post. It's great that this forum is so energetic and so full of such varied and thoughtful ideas. I guess our job is to throw the ideas into the ring and then mrix has the unenviable task of turning his vision for the clan into practical procedure.

The idea of squad formation is pretty elemental, but the question is whether we stick to a rigid grouping of clan members within each squad or we form ad-hoc units depending on the people available at the time. But there is another way. We can have any number of squads for different purposes and each squad has specific appointment allocations but the clan members float around depending on personnel available. It would be up to the Commander to decide on what squad types he required dependiing on the situation.Each appointment/job description could carry a call-sign for rapid recognition, as people will frequently perform different roles within a squad. We all like variety.

For example, a basic Assault squad may be made up of 1xSupport / 2xRifleman. Whoever takes the Support role uses the call-sign assigned to that position eg ALPHA SIERRA ONE being Alpha Squad Support 1. With time we can learn all the roles within our own and other squads and be flexible enough to slide from one to another without difficulty. Use of the Call-Sign prevents confusion when everyone is speaking on the net.

If you've made it this far then well done. Apologies for the verbose nature of this post but I wanted to contribute to the debate.