Squad Training Evening??

Forum used as a general chat area
l2es-mrix
Community Founder

Squad Training Evening??

Post by l2es-mrix » Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:12 am

Hello all, at this moment in time the Thursdays Intraclans are a big success as most members seem to enjoy them :) the only problem is the squads don't get enough time to think the tactics over beforehand for the map, so I am suggesting a squad training evening sometime before Thursday ? so what we can do is password the server for an hour for example and go on and each squad can go about there idea`s for the 2 selected maps for Thursday, I am not totally sure what maps at the moment as we have the new poll running for this reason :wink:
Anyway what are your views on this :?:
Cheers all
|2es-mrix

Maverick

Post by Maverick » Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:23 pm

Sounds like a good idea to me mrix... Even if some squad members cant make a training session it will allow the squad leaders to decide on tactics, which at the end of the day are always best decided in advance and not at the last moment...

Can I also suggest that the teams for the thursday intra-clan are decided in advance aswell as the maps, then we can base our tactics around the personel available. For example my squad has people that can fly, but they prefer to fight on the ground.

Mav

Calmae

Post by Calmae » Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:34 pm

Yeah sounds like a good idea. It good having it on a different day as it saves more time for actual gaming on the match night :D

And yes knowing what maps will be played in advance will be a great help in planning.

l2es-mrix
Community Founder

re

Post by l2es-mrix » Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:53 pm

Even if some squad members cant make a training session it will allow the squad leaders to decide on tactics
yes they were my thoughts also if a few can make it per squad then its good enough really :wink:
Can I also suggest that the teams for the thursday intra-clan are decided in advance aswell as the maps
Most definately :wink:

It good having it on a different day as it saves more time for actual gaming on the match night
Yes this is true as the matches do seem to be taking time to get off the ground :)

Cheers
|2es-mrix

elkman

Post by elkman » Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:35 pm

A regular training session is a very good move. Squad tactics and the types of weaponry to use, based on the map, is needed to be worked out in advance. All this can be done, without the enemy on your back, allowing better combat in a true game.

Which day is best, perhaps Tuesday as people will still remember the tactics for Thursday.

l2es-mrix
Community Founder

re:

Post by l2es-mrix » Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:28 pm

Tuesday is as good as any :) lets see how many we can get on :?: say 8pm onwards :?:
Cheers
|2es-mrix

|2es-Cyrus_The_Virus

Post by |2es-Cyrus_The_Virus » Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:55 pm

should be fine for me unless something comes up, even if just the squad leaders show up on tuesday we can run through some tactics, as soon as i know what maps we're playing i'll prob think up some positions for my squad and make some screenshots :)

Kaos

Post by Kaos » Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:12 pm

I'll be around Tuesday from 5pm onwards

crewey

Post by crewey » Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:11 pm

yep.. i'll be there
:wink:

ade010

uh huh

Post by ade010 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:13 pm

ye i think this is a good idea and will be there whenever called upon...Sir!
it will help the squad leaders decide who is best suited to which role and give the squad members a chance to put there two penneth in as well