War Thunder Technical Difficulties

Forum used as a general chat area
l2es-OmiMace

War Thunder Technical Difficulties

Post by l2es-OmiMace » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:23 pm

Hi,

I been playing War Thunder for a few days now and ranking up some significant time in game, till this weekend.

Now when I playing Warthunder my computer randomly crashes at more and more frequent intervals. The computer restarts itself and refuses to boot up with a beep code of one long beep and two short beeps (this on my motherboard I believe indicates there has been an error between the graphics card and the motherboard).

I then have to restart the computer again and it boots up fine, I only seem to be having this problem with War Thunder and only from the weekend, really weird. The computer relatively new and I a little stumped, anyone else recognize this problem at all?

Specs:
i7-3820 @3.60GHz
8GB RAM
Windows 8.1 64bit
Geforce GTX 660
SSD for windows and everything else on 2TB drive

l2es-ElGordo

Post by l2es-ElGordo » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:37 pm

imo its the video card either come a bit unseated or on its way out (1 long 2 short is video error) - try taking it out - blow an air duster round the slot/motherboard and refit it - could possibly be the power connectors as well so re fit those

I don't think WT has anything to do with it its just that that's the game u been playing and its fairly graphic hungry - but there are worse :roll:

u cld also try a benchmark prog - heaven something or other - to stress the video and see if that does same

I play a lot of WT and its about the most stable prog ive played tbh

PS just thought - vid card cld be overheating - I run MSI afterburner to manually adjust the fan speed on my NVidia which might be worth a shot as it'll show u the temp the card is running at

PPS - actually ignore that last bit cos I think its bollocks as if it was overheating it wouldn't beep on boot
|2es-ElGordo

l2es-OmiMace

Post by l2es-OmiMace » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:46 pm

Okay game inside computer a clean out today without unplugging graphics card. (inside was still like new to be fair) Ran one battle after clean and it crashed so will unplug card and clean connectors tomorrow.

Updated drivers and ran the game it crashed again. (did forget to restart before trying though)

Then installed heat monitor as someone suggested this could be a prob, lol got through battle no crashes, comp never ran hot, in fact fans never went much over 50% speed.

So will run couple more sorties now see if crashes again if yes will clean card pins tomorrow.

l2es-brune
Planetside 2 moderator

Post by l2es-brune » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:44 pm

When you installed the drivers did you do a CLEAN install? Make sure you do this m8 (it's an option under custom installation)