Community Founder

Call of Duty Advanced Warfare

Post by l2es-mrix » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:42 am

l2es-brune
Planetside 2 moderator

Post by l2es-brune » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:44 am

l2es-ArmyMan

Post by l2es-ArmyMan » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:04 am

Me and snipercat have had the same discussion, and as seeing Ghost being such a flop and waste of money, none of us are getting the new COD. I did play it at the Gamescom and believe that they are trying to hard to make it like Crysis with the boost jumps and boost armor and invisible crap. We continue to play Black Ops 2 almost every night and tons of people still play that instead. I may grab it as soon as it hit the 10 euro bin in about a year or so.....

l2es-brune
Planetside 2 moderator

Post by l2es-brune » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:22 am

Yeah think I'd rather play, BF4, Titanfall or Insurgency tbh.

Strange thing BO2, I thought it was a step back from BO1, I couldn't stomach more than 20 mins of it during a "free" weekend.

l2es-mrix
Community Founder

Post by l2es-mrix » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:37 am

Well those replies do not sound very encouraging :lol:
Oh well I will let you know how I get on :!:
Also the big question will you actually play it
?

yep! very very true! :lol:

and as seeing Ghost being such a flop and waste of money, none of us are getting the new COD.
Fair point but how long will you stick with that opinion ? indefinitely ?, the last couple of games have been pants as far as I am concerned but I am prepared to take a punt this time around.

Cheers
|2es-mrix
Last edited by l2es-mrix on Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

l2es-brune
Planetside 2 moderator

Post by l2es-brune » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:37 am

l2es-mrix
Community Founder

Post by l2es-mrix » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:46 am

That video actually got my juices flowing for some FPS action :lol:
That last map looks very familiar :wink:

Cheers
|2es-mrix

l2es-roguesamurai

Post by l2es-roguesamurai » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:01 pm

Haven't played a COD since BO1, and wont be playing this either. I've not been a fan for a long time, as we basically just get a map pack each year. It stood still for too long, as for consoles it didn't need to do anymore. The PS3 and Xbox360 could offer no more performance than what they were already giving. So Activision sat back and milked the same game year after year. Who could blame them, we'd all like to make maximum money for minimal effort.
It's not just Activision though, EA are doing the same with Battlefield Hardline. It's a BF4 reskin and map pack, some of the buildings are instantly recognisable from BF4 in Hardline. This is another game I wont be getting.
With this new COD I think clueless desperation is starting to show through. Taking gizmos from other games (mostly Crysis), reworking (again!!) old COD maps and hoping people will find it fun.
For me the vid above looks awfull.
If I want to jump around with futuristic weapons then 'Unreal Tournament' should be with us in 2015 and this should be good. Free to play, and they are taking a lot of input from PC gamers, using the new 'Unreal Engine' too.
A close quarters FPS that looks good is the new 'Rainbow Six' game. Which looks very promising.
There's also another futuristic UT like game due soon (can't remember name) which looks fun. The devs say their will be no ranks, no unlocks, no buying upgrades, everyone gets the same weapons etc. Should be fun.
COD preorders are the lowest ever for this game. There is only one thing to save the franchise..........'World at War 2', back to world war 2, now this I would be interested in.
I'd like to see BF5 go back to WW2 also, maybe it could be the BF1943 we never got.
You should've got into BF4 Mrix, I'm still loving it, play every weekend. Fantastic !!!

l2es-mrix
Community Founder

Post by l2es-mrix » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:27 pm

You should've got into BF4 Mrix, I'm still loving it, play every weekend. Fantastic !!!
Hi rogue, you got into it from day which which I wanted to, getting in to it when almost all |2es had given up was not going to be the same for me :cry:

|2es-mrix

l2es-brune
Planetside 2 moderator

Post by l2es-brune » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:27 am

l2es-mrix wrote:
Hi rogue, you got into it from day which which I wanted to, getting in to it when almost all |2es had given up was not going to be the same for me :cry:

|2es-mrix
I played a bit of BF4 yesterday, ffs m8 stop being a tart and play it...nobody round here will be playing the new COD by the sounds of it anyway. I'm sure a few of us will return to BF4 for a bit as I'm sure I'm not the only one feeling the urge once more.

For WW2 action the best game is Red Orchestra 2/Rising Storm, HANDS DOWN.

Also Insurgency is cheap on steam atm, I owned it and Shadow + Jasse have bought it come and join us for a bit of that m8 (It's a fiver)

l2es-ArmyMan

Post by l2es-ArmyMan » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:00 pm

We had a long chat today with us German friends and I made the point that Mrix made saying how can we say its still going to be shit game, for all we know this one could be a great release. So after much thinking, I decided to grab the game.

l2es-mrix
Community Founder

re

Post by l2es-mrix » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:26 pm

for all we know this one could be a great release. So after much thinking, I decided to grab the game.
Hi Army, it could still be a crap game but at some point they need to get their act together I am hoping its now :!:
From what I can see the graphics look sweet, it also has a nuke town map so there must be some fun to be had! :lol:

Fingers crossed
Cheers
|2es-mrix

l2es-ArmyMan

Post by l2es-ArmyMan » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:30 pm

NOOOOOOOOOO, I hate the nuketown map!

l2es-brune
Planetside 2 moderator

Post by l2es-brune » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:29 pm

Ouch I feel for you dudes... :P Seriously though Mrix if you want eye candy, destruction and crazy weather effects...BF4 end of m8, do yourself a favour, install it and play it. Give me a shout when you grow a pair ;) I await to see if the new COD delivers.

More for the purchasers! ;)

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk0MM77u1sg[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKaqLPTRpug[/youtube]

l2es-GrIm
SWTOR Moderator
Location: 6 boring street in the town of boring county boring

Post by l2es-GrIm » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:24 pm

brune in 2 months the crappy bf is released hardline meaning bf4 will not realy be played...

i think everyone has built up a wall to cod saying no not gonna go there

but how do you know if you dont try

gaming is all opinion and everyone has different ones i dont base whether i get the game on a youtuber why? because its subjective...

theres a quote mainly to do with books but it works here "if you only read the books everyone else is reading you can only think what everyone else is thinking" which is what everyone does they watch a youtube panning a game and decide FINE i wont get that but thats one persons opinion how bout getting your own?
YOU CANT ESCAPE POLITICS YOU EITHER PLAY OR YOU GET PLAYED
- Henrietta "Hetty" Lange ncis la character
fav song of the moment
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Er6l7UOnbI[/youtube]