Post by l2es-GrIm » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:17 pm

YOU CANT ESCAPE POLITICS YOU EITHER PLAY OR YOU GET PLAYED
- Henrietta "Hetty" Lange ncis la character
fav song of the moment
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Er6l7UOnbI[/youtube]

l2es-brune
Planetside 2 moderator

Post by l2es-brune » Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:59 pm

Well it might help to cover the costs of their rotten tomatoe movie! Awesome game though :)

l2es-GrIm
SWTOR Moderator
Location: 6 boring street in the town of boring county boring

Post by l2es-GrIm » Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:47 pm

Well it might help to cover the costs of their rotten tomatoe movie! Awesome game though
think you mean tomato.... if your gonna do an insult at least do it right
fav song of the moment

l2es-ElGordo

Post by l2es-ElGordo » Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:03 pm

Now I've heard everything ..... Grim correcting people on their grammar/spelling :roll:
|2es-ElGordo

l2es-brune
Planetside 2 moderator

Post by l2es-brune » Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:03 pm

l2es-GrIm wrote:
Well it might help to cover the costs of their rotten tomatoe movie! Awesome game though
think you mean tomato.... if your gonna do an insult at least do it right
lol :) I actually spotted my error and though I had edited it! Awesome game crapolla film though!

l2es-GrIm
SWTOR Moderator

Post by l2es-GrIm » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:31 am

too be honest i only pointed it out for fun i was not being serious

i have seen the warcraft movie and i thought it was one of the best fantasy films in recent years (i hope you have actually seen it brune to be saying its crap) i dont believe rotten tomatoes anymore it has become exactly like metacritic people lowball there reviews unless they're getting paid by the studio (like metacritic also if there an actual critic) and the user scores are always bad look at imdb score of the film at the moment it stands at 7.9 that's pretty damn good now if warcraft was a stinker why would it have 7,9 on imdb ??? it would not

also heres some key facts
Deadline is reporting that in 19 of the 20 markets it opened in, it was the #1 movie.
In Germany, the movie had the biggest opening of the year so far, with 45% market share.
In Russia, the movie had the second biggest opening, with 65% market share.
Variety is reporting that the Russian opening was only behind Deadpool this year, with the seventh biggest opening day of all time in Russia.
In China, ticket pre-sales for the release night are already the sixth highest ranking movie of all time.
The movie did $31.8 million in the 20 markets from the first weekend release.
It opened in 8 more markets since then, adding a total of $29 million through Sunday.
It was the number one movie in seven of the eight new markets.
Warcraft is still the #1 movie after 9 days in Germany and still at #2 in Russia.
The international release has a total of $69.1 million so far.
and even if it does badly in the states estimates are saying it will only get 29million if that happens china will tip it over to a profit pretty much guaranteed

the budget of the movie was 100 million dollars so it only has to make 30million more to break even which duncan jones has said would pretty much guarantee a sequel it might not make much of a profit but it will hit the break even point

so are you saying the warcraft movie sucks because you have actually seen it? or are you taking rotten tomatoes viewpoint

or is it maybe your hatred of all things warcraft ???
fav song of the moment

l2es-ElGordo

Post by l2es-ElGordo » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:27 am

I restrained myself from going "full retard" on the grammar/spelling correction front but have to take issue with this particular LUDICROUS claim

"In Germany, the movie had the biggest opening of the year so far,....."

this is absolute rubbish - only the other day I saw a MUCH bigger opening from something in Germany :wink:
|2es-ElGordo

l2es-brune
Planetside 2 moderator

Post by l2es-brune » Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:03 pm

boom-boom Jimmy Tarbuck! Of course I have not seen it Grim! One for sky movies for me ;)

l2es-GrIm
SWTOR Moderator

Post by l2es-GrIm » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:12 am

Of course I have not seen it Grim
ok... then with the greatest respect (and i do respect you dude) shut the hell up... you haven't seen it you cant say its crap or good so until you do.... hush down...

i dont mean to offend but i absolutely can't stand it when someone says they dont like something without even seeing/listening/tasting/trying said thing now if you said "yes grim i have seen it and i thought it was crap" i would say fair enough your opinion but your "opinion" right now is pointless and irrelevant in terms of the warcraft movie..... but i do agree with you overwatch is the dogs...
fav song of the moment

l2es-brune
Planetside 2 moderator

Post by l2es-brune » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:56 pm

lol you are incapable of offending me Grim, so no worries there treacle :)

I have some close firends who have seen it, who inform me it is ok but not a rip roaring blockbuster up to the standards of say Game of Thrones or LoTR trilogy. I think the film would certainly be enjoyed by WoW players (who have an intimate understanding of the lore) but for the general public it sounds like it's not hitting the right spot ;)

But yes when I watch it on Sky in 6 months time I will eat my words or barrf in this thread!

Honelith

Post by Honelith » Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:00 pm

I went in expecting a terrible film, as per usual with game to movie adaptions and I came away eagerly awaiting the sequel. The orcs are so well done, they could have done the whole film with just the orcs as they were so full of life and were amazing digital actors, quite amazing really what they achieved there. Medivh was brilliant, loved the effects in this film.