Tweak your Crysis demo

Discussion of Crysis only please in this forum
l2es-BedlamBob

Post by l2es-BedlamBob » Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:44 pm

Wow a little bit of Demo gold there Chaos, nice find.
gotta get downloading at the weekend.
haven't checked the Crysis demo yet, need to see if my rig can handle it....

l2es-mrix
Community Founder

re:

Post by l2es-mrix » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:12 pm

Did you manage to download the files to allow this?
didnt work for me :?
Cheers
|2es-mrix

l2es-chunkymr

Post by l2es-chunkymr » Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:50 pm

Just been playing the single player demo set on medium and it seems to run fine for me, X4AA. My system is radeon x1950pro, pentium duo core processor 1.8mhz. and 2gig of ram. I must admit It the graphics look fine to me/ for me. using directx 9 and a I am running with xp. Looing forward to this and COD4. :D

|2es-w00p

Post by |2es-w00p » Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:25 pm

Yes I read about this, quite funny actually. Apparently the top setting for graphics (Very High) is grayed out on XP - the documentation tells you you need Vista + a DirectX 10 graphics card to acheive it, however some boffins have figured out that by changing a few configuraiton files you can achieve "Very High" settings in XP with a DirectX 9 card. So there's no hardware limitation at all, its just a crafty trick to get people to buy vista. Plus you get a 10FPS performance boost by running in the more lightweight Windows XP.

LOL :lol:

So somebody's been playing dirty, trying to get us all to buy Vista/8800GTX's! As for me, my copy of Crysis will be shipping shortly, and Im half tempted to get a copy of Windows XP 64 to go with it ;)
'"Come now, let us reason together", says the LORD...' Isaiah 1:18
- Is there a God?
- What does He want?

l2es-chunkymr

Post by l2es-chunkymr » Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:06 pm

just play it on medium setting, downloaded it from fileplanet. Have not been bothered with messing arround with the very high settings file.

ScunnyUK

Post by ScunnyUK » Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:17 pm

Hey guys,
I've been playing about with the settings a fare bit the last few days , trying to find a good mix of eye candy and fps. What I have noticed most , in the addvanced tab, all the settings on the RIGHT can be set to high/Vhigh without any real impact on performance!
The settings on the LEFT, of these shaders is the most significant with the most noticable difference in the qaulity when set to high , but this has a big impact on performance. Shadows, Textures and AA also have a big impact on performance when turned to high, shadows on medium isnt much difference in qaulity but does give a fair bit of performance back.Textures changes to custom??? so probably could be left on low /medium
With my gfx (8500gt) on the optimal settings, (res 800/600 and everything low) I get around 45+ fps (it is slightly overclocked :D )
With the settings changed as above (everything V high exept shaders on high, shaddows on medium, Textures on custom and 0 AA ) Resalution 800-600 , I get between 18 and 25 fps with alot of eye candy! The game is playable without any serius stuttering (except when trying to fight that alien :D )
To get your FPS in game open the console (tilde key) and type:

r displayinfo =1

and press enter
Thanx Gaz!

l2es-BedlamBob

Post by l2es-BedlamBob » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:58 pm

Played Crysis Demo all yesterday afternoon with the new level.pak you advised Chaos and had a hoot.
Couldn't fly the helicopter properly unfortunately ( my amazing crapness - not a game issue )
and couldn't find the Nuke Tank, tried all those 5or6 sitting on the beach. But having a great time playing around with the skills - love the Predator stylie :D
MP will be so hectic with these skills !!!

Only tried low settings so far from the auto-detect on my 8500 as I just wanted to play it.
Will probably have another go tonight messing with the settings to see how well I can get - have to admit though, even on low it looked great; i was expecting really UGLY from the reviews i've read. :twisted: