Samsung SATA 22x DVD Writer GH22LS50 Firmware Driver

PC related discussion here only.
l2es-mrix
Community Founder

Samsung SATA 22x DVD Writer GH22LS50 Firmware Driver

Post by l2es-mrix » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:41 pm

Hello all, I purchased a DVD Writer from PC world last week that comes with a very strange firmware driver called Bluebirds that adds additional software thats a pain in the back side! :cry:
If anyone else out there purchases the same DVD Writer I have managed to find the firmware for this model of DVD drive that removes this Bluebirds driver issue and puts it back like a normal drive. Download link below..

GH22LS50 Firmware Driver ----->> GH22LS50 Firmware

l2es-Chaos_King

Re: Samsung SATA 22x DVD Writer GH22LS50 Firmware Driver

Post by l2es-Chaos_King » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:10 pm

|2es-mrix wrote:I purchased a DVD Writer from PC world
You went to PC World?? Now I know you have gone clinically insane! Quick, get the men in white coats 8O

l2es-brune
Planetside 2 moderator

Post by l2es-brune » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:08 pm

Chaos King you must remember, Mrix is old and doesn't trust the interwebthingymabob as you get your identity stolen and become part time a mosad assassin. PC world is a real place that welcomes pensioners and bed wetters all around the world, they also have a cool tech dept where they can charge you over the odds to "plug shit in" ;)

l2es-mrix
Community Founder

re:

Post by l2es-mrix » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:29 pm

I actually find PC World tobe really great for the minor components as if anything goes wrong they just exchange without evening checking 8) and then they exchange for an updated component 8)
Its also just a couple of miles down the road so very easy to take something back if your not happy :D
Agreed for more expensive items go online.

Cheers
|2es-mrix

l2es-brune
Planetside 2 moderator

Post by l2es-brune » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:52 pm

Aye to be fair sometimes you can find some web exclusive bargains, pay a low price and still reserve and collect from ye olde shoppe :)

l2es-mrix
Community Founder

re:

Post by l2es-mrix » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:13 pm

Aye to be fair sometimes you can find some web exclusive bargains, pay a low price and still reserve and collect from ye olde shoppe
Very good point indeed :D

Cheers
|2es-mrix

l2es-roguesamurai

Post by l2es-roguesamurai » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:35 pm

i had the miss-fortune of working there as an in-between job for about 3 months. gotta say, i wouldn't buy a pencil sharpener off them. from what i witnessed of there customer services. spent a few hrs helping out on the customer services desk 1 day,i was appauled. if its over 28 days old they just give you the manufacturers phone number and say ring them, they'll come and pick it up. the 28 day rule is a rule invented by retailers and has no legal standing. you should not have to phone anyone. you take the item back where you purchase it and they sort out the repairs. as by selling it they are acting as an agent of the manufacturer. it is your legal right to take the item back to them for them to deal with. this can even be done upto 5 yrs later if it is due to a manufacturing fault, even if guarantee is only for 12 months. for a 7 quid usb stick thier fine,anything worth any money with any kind of gaurantee they are abismal.