BO Double XP Weekend

Only posts related to the Call of Duty "COD" franchise.
l2es-ArmyMan

BO Double XP Weekend

Post by l2es-ArmyMan » Thu May 05, 2011 6:59 am

To kick off Escalation's release, we're opening up another Double XP Weekend across all systems. Additionally, in celebration of the Call of Duty: Black Ops Facebook page reaching 10 million fans, we'd like to show our thanks to everyone supporting us along the way by expanding the event's usual timeframe. Starting this Friday the 6th at 10am PDT, and extending to Tuesday the 10th at 10am PDT, you'll have plenty of time to rake in all the XP you could dream of. Finally get your hands on the Commando, or soar through another Prestige run. Whatever your goal, you've got 4 whole days to get there with twice the speed!

l2es-mrix
Community Founder

re:

Post by l2es-mrix » Thu May 05, 2011 7:27 am

We are not expecting the release of Escalation this Weekend are we :?
When it it due for release?
Cheers
|2es-mrix

l2es-ArmyMan

Post by l2es-ArmyMan » Thu May 05, 2011 8:28 am

The map pack came out already, but only for the Xbox. If its anything like the last map pack, i wouldnt expect it for the PC till the end of the month.

l2es-Snipercat

Post by l2es-Snipercat » Thu May 05, 2011 10:10 am

ich habe soeben gelesen, dass das "Escalation"- Map Pack für PC 4 Wochen später erscheint ... also müssen wir uns überraschen lassen, ob wir sie am 31.05.2011 über Steam downloaden können. Preis wird um die 14 Euro sein. Image

Google- Translator:

I have just read that the "escalation" - Map Pack for PC 4 weeks is later ... So we have to surprise us if we can download it on Steam on 05/31/2011. Price will be around 14 €.

l2es-roguesamurai

Re: re:

Post by l2es-roguesamurai » Thu May 05, 2011 1:23 pm

l2es-mrix wrote:When it it due for release?
How long is a peice of string.
I might actually be tempted to prestige, or at least i'm considering it. Might add a little something back in the game, as have found it going a little stale, except for the scrims, they're great fun.
But then again, this would mean losing ninja pro, which I love the most. How will I sneak up on the likes of Grim to knife him in the back and hear him say "Oh RRROOGGUUEE"
Losing ghost pro would mean being owned by choppers everytime I spawn too. :(
So maybe not.
14 F*&K1N EURO............ FFS, the last one was only 12. certainly wont be paying that. That'd mean people spending a total of around 66 euro or around 50 quid on this game. BF3 will only cost around 30 quid on release.

l2es-mrix
Community Founder

re:

Post by l2es-mrix » Thu May 05, 2011 2:27 pm

I might actually be tempted to prestige, or at least i'm considering it. Might add a little something back in the game
I decided to prestige because if you enjoy and you are going to be playing a lot of the game anyway then why not! :D
I have enjoyed every prestige through to the end as you get the challenge of trying to play with no perks and additions, you also still find enjoyment by gaining these perks back!

Cheers
|2es-mrix

l2es-roguesamurai

Post by l2es-roguesamurai » Thu May 05, 2011 3:05 pm

But what about annoying Grim ??

l2es-GrIm
SWTOR Moderator
Location: 6 boring street in the town of boring county boring

Post by l2es-GrIm » Thu May 05, 2011 3:56 pm

well i enjoy prestieging but as i only play on weekends i have to say i probs wont anymore untill i either get an earlier timed job or go back to college which i am looking into at the moment

anywho rogue it is anoying when u lose all the perks but i usually get them back by rank 20 anyway which is so quick to get to theres no point not to realy

its not the fact that u kill me which annoys me but its the fact i can NEVER kill u

it seems at the moment i am going thru phases of i cant kill u at alll itis i have had it where no matter what i cannot kill one person on the other team near enough all of my last weeks games weather its u rogue or mrix or reddog or joe bloggs i just cant kill one person on the other side it realy does piss me off

|2es-Cyrus_The_Virus

Post by |2es-Cyrus_The_Virus » Thu May 05, 2011 4:37 pm

Wait, people are still playing Blops? :o

Call of the dead does look cool.

I did get a little disheartened when i lost my rank and everything, but they did fix it a few weeks later.

I've been checking TS to see if people are playing Blops but i only ever see people on World of tanks now, plus having that damn away channel so close to the COD channel makes it hard to know if people are away or playing blops.