black ops 2 - 3arc screwed the pc fanbase...

Only posts related to the Call of Duty "COD" franchise.
l2es-GrIm
SWTOR Moderator
Location: 6 boring street in the town of boring county boring

black ops 2 - 3arc screwed the pc fanbase...

Post by l2es-GrIm » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:11 pm

Last edited by l2es-GrIm on Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

YOU CANT ESCAPE POLITICS YOU EITHER PLAY OR YOU GET PLAYED
- Henrietta "Hetty" Lange ncis la character
fav song of the moment
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Er6l7UOnbI[/youtube]

l2es-mrix
Community Founder

RE:

Post by l2es-mrix » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:17 pm

Now that sounds positive! :D
Cheers
|2es-mrix

l2es-roguesamurai

Post by l2es-roguesamurai » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:14 pm

Treyarch have made the best cods by far imo. World at War being top of my list. What it lacked in some areas it more than made up for in the fun factor. Me and Dog re-installed it not so long back, but its not what it used to be.

l2es-Hunter

Post by l2es-Hunter » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:49 pm

Would be great for them to do COD World At War II as didnt get to play first one and I love WWII weapons

l2es-GrIm
SWTOR Moderator

Post by l2es-GrIm » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:39 am

well hunter from what i hear this ones campaign flashes back to ww2 for differant levels not sure if thats right tho
fav song of the moment

l2es-roguesamurai

Post by l2es-roguesamurai » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:35 pm

l2es-GrIm
SWTOR Moderator

Post by l2es-GrIm » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:01 pm

if this is the case which i suspected for a long time i definitly will be not getting it so... here you go

also my vote for number 1 game publisher and maker are 2k games for publisher and gearbox software for maker

fav song of the moment

l2es-mrix
Community Founder

re:

Post by l2es-mrix » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:13 pm

Oh crap :( :( :( :( :( :(
|2es-mrix

l2es-MooK

Post by l2es-MooK » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:08 am

How annoying i just dont get it. Basically now theve done away with the dedis once and got away with it unscathed they cant be arse to bring them back. It ALL about the money as usual and not the fans.

Im anoyyed i was realy looking forward to playing this game but withought dedis im not interested whatsoever. I realy fancied playing some cod again.
ImageImage

l2es-roguesamurai

Post by l2es-roguesamurai » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:40 am

After MW3 sold quadzillion copies in half a day, why would they give a dam.
Something like 300+ million people rushed out in the 1st 3 days it was on sale. A few whining pc gamers......ppphhhfffffff, who cares about them. Can you imagine the board meeting when the question came up "what about pc gamers? what shall we do for them?", I bet the answer went something like "what about em? F%&k em!! The console boys will be queing out of the shops a week in advance for this, and the best thing is.....its the same game as last year" at this point they all lean back in their huge leather chairs laughing and take a puff of their cigars, passing a nice big Cuban to the innocent little man who asked the question. Then the chairman claps his hands and in walk a bevvy of scantilly clad philipinos. One of the board says "now I know how Jimmy S......(for legal reasons I'd better stop :) )

l2es-GrIm
SWTOR Moderator

Post by l2es-GrIm » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:00 am

rogue you give them too much credit the question would not of even been brought up in the first place...
fav song of the moment

l2es-brune
Planetside 2 moderator

Post by l2es-brune » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:52 am

This bullshit was always on the cards, I love how they dress it up that they are doing PC gamers a favour...

I suggest you play on the Planetside 2 "free servers" instead guys, as a plus the game won't cost you a bean ;)

l2es-GrIm
SWTOR Moderator

Post by l2es-GrIm » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:27 pm

reading some of the comments on the codcommunity some peeps have said there not happy and in quite hillarious ways

http://community.callofduty.com/communi ... rver-intel
What a shame I have to join the ranks on ex-cod player, thanks 3arc PC pre-order cancelled
Say goodbye to the PC community. You just sounded the death nell. Pre-order cancelled.
All i can say is this is getting cancelled, thanks for letting us all down again
Let me also add a question... why couldn't you do like Black Ops I and have only GameServers handle it? I thought they did a bang of job and also... from what I am aware of... there was never a leak of server files. Your post makes it out like files were leaked but never happened. I really don't understand why the PC community keeps getting the short end of the stick? Isn't it bad enough that the PC community is what made the COD title so popular but we keep getting jilted year after year... title after title? We had to deal with IW's bs with no dedicated servers, then deal with 4 yrs of no mapping tools (which you still refuse to say why), deal with paying for silly map packs... you (Treyarch) were the PC communities last shining star with at least sticking with rentable dedicated servers and now your basically a IW wanna be. What a way to treat a community that had given so much over the years... with mappers and modders from the PC community being hired on by you and IW... now we all kicked to the curb.
So let me think.......Clan gaming just got butf fu#@*!. Well thank you very much, IW maimed cod and tryarch just execited it. After reading that had to call and cancel my pre-order, put it on medal of honour warfighter instead. After MW 3 i was looking forward to this, well now we know what pc community means to theese people, nothing. Farewell COD.
So instead you would have a dedicated server with possibly no admin reachable immediatley to sort out your problems and have to wait weeks for any kind of support, treyarch's own servers have probably not even been tested to the extent of what server companies have, it is not going to work from day 1 and not all admins are ********, the guys i play with are always keen to help, however do not tollerate hackers and people who abuse. Do you think that treyarchs servers are going to be monitored on a regular basis?. There are so many problems with this. Loners, what are you talking about, in a decent MP game our clan could fill our server, so where do you get loners from?
And there goes the last hope for the Call of Duty franchise. R.I.P.
I AM WITH EVERY OTHER CLAN WHO FELL IN LOVE WITH COD: BLACK OPS, WE WANT TO BE ABLE TO ADMIN OUR SERVER... AND I WILL BE CANCELLING MY ORDER WITH GAMESTOP... TREYARCH SCREWED THE PC WORLD
My heart just sank just as much as it did when I heard the interview Bowling did before MW2 came out. NO DEDICATED SERVERS!

How the freek can you tell me BO2 will have ranked and unranked dedicated servers? Who is going to config the unranked dedicated ones?

This is the last straw!
I really like this part about the announcement..

Can we...

No.

How can you guys be stupid enough to think any of this was a good idea for PC, you guys know you are full blown retards, right? What competitive players do you expect to buy this game and play your public league with 0 rules?
http://community.callofduty.com/communi ... rver-intel
fav song of the moment

l2es-BedlamBob

Post by l2es-BedlamBob » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:49 pm

Sorry for being the window licker in the class, but I understand this means we have no control over the servers and therefore cannot be configured to our favourite maps and types.. ?

What on earth is that? I liked only about 3 servers on BO1, ours, one Yank one from Army and the German one from Kitty. Most of the others were horrible mixes.

I'm sulking, and refuse to lick another window in protest.

:cry:

l2es-GrIm
SWTOR Moderator

Post by l2es-GrIm » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:55 pm

basicly yes bob cant choose maps cant kick peeps cant rent a server or nout
fav song of the moment