Nintendo announces new console, the Wii U

Only for the discussion for the Gaming Console Nintendo Wii

Moderator: l2es-darfvader

l2es-Justme

Post by l2es-Justme » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:41 pm

|2es-roguesamuri007 wrote:Justme, such a cynic :wink:
haha yeha my biggest problem with it is the way in which nintendo go about making things just looking at the wii u you can see the buttons and fittings and general design arn't done so things fit perfectly or to the highest standard they could do the only way i can descibe it is that its almost looks like a nock off version of itself like here shold be a more final version coming along...

l2es-roguesamurai

Post by l2es-roguesamurai » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:42 pm

any of you seen the video of it on you tube -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e3qaPg_keg&feature=topvideos_mp

I'm very impressed.

l2es-MooK

Post by l2es-MooK » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:36 am

Remeber its not out till 2012 its not finished yet although yea its prob not gonna change much but they may tweak things.Even so i dunno where the bad design / low standard idea comes from it looks fine to me holding seems like it would be easy and using the duel anolog in games would be a breeze with its shape. The only problem is the weight of it in long term use but then it might be pretty light who knows just from looking at it. To say something is badly designed withought even holding it is just silly. Quality is how something feels when being used responsiveness and comfort not just how it looks in a picture.

The big deal though and the killer is nintendo will HAVE to have there own version of Xbox live and PSN. They cant do this console withought it id be willing to bet they will follow sony and make it free to use like PSN instead of having to pay like Xbox, id be suprised if they took the paying route.BUt if the console has all the mian multi platform games COD in particular none of it will work withoguht there own online system.

Friend codes and such have to go post haste or it wont work none wants to mess arround with that crap.
ImageImage

l2es-roguesamurai

Post by l2es-roguesamurai » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:30 pm

A good online system is a deffinate must. Without it, it's just a re-branded Wii. Some of the games and features in that you tube video really impressed me, especially the golf, very clever I thought.
For me the video showed that they haven't lost their innovation, and have come up with some good uses for the console and controller combo. Its very early days to, and once other developers start to get involved I think we'll see some really clever stuff. The video shows too that they are keeping the fun element.
The only things that remain are how other games will work and look. Especially the big fps titles etc. As without these its just a modded Wii. I like the way you can hold up the controller to use as a scope, I wonder how this would work in MW3 as a sniper ????
The console will be the most capable out there when its released, with DX10 like graphics capabilities (although as most of you prob know consoles do not use direct x) (pitty not dx11 level, but who knows, nothing confirmed yet, just rumours). Rumoured to be based on the HD4870 gpu, which is what I have in my pc and still works very well, plays BC2 in dx10 with good high settings, as well as Crysis. It will give even better performance in a console as has less work to do and games will be designed specifically to run on this gpu for this console.
The big advantage Nintendo has too is their reliability, the Wii never had any probs at all. No over heating, no red rings, I've never heard of one breaking at all. This I think is part of their choice of hardware, its been around a while and is well tried and tested and trouble free.