BattleField 5 Looks Sexy!

Topics only related to the game franchise Battle in this forum.

Moderator: l2es-Java

l2es-mrix
Community Founder

BattleField 5 Looks Sexy!

Post by l2es-mrix » Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:01 pm

I know I know we keep going down the same road about the New battlefield games but this is WW2 :D 8) It also looks very sexy and most certainly worth a punt!
Anyone thinking about giving it a shot ? maybe getting an RTX card ?> :lol:
Hope all you good peeps are all doing well!
|2es-mrix

l2es-brune
Planetside 2 moderator

Re: BattleField 5 Looks Sexy!

Post by l2es-brune » Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:30 pm

heya m8, sales have been really piss poor due to all negativity on the web with regards to authentisity and realism and “other” elements of the game :wink: just google it. I have my eye on post scriptum for some decent team based ww2 action, check it out on steam. Battlefield 3 was good, BF4 was brilliant and BF1 was not too shabby but this time I’m on the fence.

l2es-mrix
Community Founder

Post by l2es-mrix » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:37 pm

l2es-brune wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:30 pm
heya m8, sales have been really piss poor due to all negativity on the web with regards to authentisity and realism and “other” elements of the game :wink: just google it. I have my eye on post scriptum for some decent team based ww2 action, check it out on steam. Battlefield 3 was good, BF4 was brilliant and BF1 was not too shabby but this time I’m on the fence.
Yes I did notice a fair few slating the game regarding a female fighting with the troups 8O I like realism but that`s taking it a little O.T.T in my book and nothing I am too concerned with, I will take a look at what the other negatives but I think its a game I will definitely take a look at as it looks like lovely eye candy :) 8)

Nice to see you still knocking about mr Bruce :D

|2es-mrix

l2es-brune
Planetside 2 moderator

Post by l2es-brune » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:22 am

fyi mrix open beta kicks off 6th sept and you can preload on the 3rd.

l2es-Chaos_King

Post by l2es-Chaos_King » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:17 am

Greetings people. I too intend to dust off the rifle and become an easy kill for every other player. Nothing new there. Still 8 hours ahead of the UK here in Singapore, but I'll still look out for you in-game.

l2es-mrix
Community Founder

Post by l2es-mrix » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:45 am

Been looking at so many YouTube videos on this game, it does actually look very sexy, certainly sexy enough to download the beta which I am downloading now from Origin :D
Thanks for the heads up on the Beta Mr Brune! and hope to catch you around the game Chaos 8)
|2es-mrix

l2es-mrix
Community Founder

Post by l2es-mrix » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:20 pm

Game fully loaded went to play got in game and a notification from an email alerted which kicked me out the game with black screen then the PC restarted 8O not a great start :lol:
I have just switched notifications off so hopefully that will help!
Anyone else get the same issue here is a list of instructions for turning off the notifications in Windows 10 https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing ... indows-10/

Cheers all
|2es-mrix

l2es-mrix
Community Founder

Post by l2es-mrix » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:05 pm

Just managed to have a play and it feels really good to play, everything seemed smooth, graphics look sweet but my PC has seen better days, my headphones are at deaths door and the monitor is on its way out :oops: :cry:

Oh well if I do start playing this game I need to start chucking some money at this rig 8O :lol:

Cheers
|2es-mrix

Roguesamurai

Post by Roguesamurai » Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:40 am

Howdy girls, long time no see. I have this downloaded and ready to go, will give it a wizz tomorrow from around 9.30 until the wee hours if any of you are around. I'm not holding my breath for it, I couldn't take to BF1 and this does look a lot like it.
2 games I have my eye on are Insurgency-Sandstorm, a small battle area type maps similar to COD CS:GO but you can wonder outside of the area too. They've gone for plenty of realism, but still plenty of run and gun from what I've seen. Released later in Sept.
The 2nd game is World War 3, another indi developer like Insurgency. This game is very much like BF4, the vehicles, weapons, maps etc. Which is not a bad thing as I loved BF4. The game will launch with infantry and and vehicles only, they will add in the air vehicles in a few months when they have had time to perfect them. Plenty of realism in this too, with bullet drop/wind speed etc. This game looks very promising, no release date yet, but should be before Xmas I hope.
If any of you are going to be on I have a Discord channel we can use if there is no longer an Team Speak channel.
You all missed out on Rainbow 6 Siege, I tried to tell you :D it's kept me amused for the past 2 yrs. Still play it now, Mrix you would have loved it, play style a lot like Search and Destroy in COD.
Really wish I'd played ARMA 3 from the beginning because that is spectacularly good. There is no game that comes close to the realism in that, but a very difficult game to learn.
Hope you all still have your faculties and aren't pissing in a bag yet :D :D
Good Luck

P.S.
I have 1GB broadband now, just wanted to drop that in to annoy you :D

l2es-brune
Planetside 2 moderator

Post by l2es-brune » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:24 am

oi oi Rogue.

I have played a bit of the beta now and find it’s not too bad but does not feel spectacular but this may be down to the map choices and the available gameplay as I don’t particularly like the 2 maps in beta as they are small and offer COD style shooter experience NOT an open BF warzone with infantry, tanks and aircraft. A bit worrying if these are meant to be show casing it. I am interested to see how larger maps play if they exist.... I don’t feel I like it enough to take a punt on it. It also feels quite buggy so maybe that reflects the delayed release ( and avoidance of releasing at the same time as red dead redemption 2). I’ll try and catch you this evening for a game and some banter :) chuck me your discord details on origin or steam later.

From the 11th Sept Origin are giving away the BF1 premium content for free for a week so I may dust that off to see how they compare as on the first taste of BF5 I feel BF1 is the better game.

I played the original Insurgency, pretty good game and rather brutal with it’s one or two shot kills. Downside was team sizes. I also saw World War 3 but tbh looks like a carbon copy of BF4 with additional nations but no destruction so I think I would rather play the proven BF4.

Check out Post Scriptum ( a modified Squad) which looks like a promising WW2 theatre of war. It focuses on realism and team play. It reminds me a lot of WW2 online.It is currently in Early Access on Steam.

If you see any of the tripwire games - Red Orchestra 2, Rising Storm or Rising Storm 2: Vietnam on offer they are worth checking out, all realistic and gritty games.

l2es-mrix
Community Founder

Post by l2es-mrix » Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:23 pm

I`ll try to remember when your on this evening :D
For me personally I dont think its compares to BF1

I`ll try to remember when your on this evening :D
For me personally I dont think its compares to BF1
l2es-brune wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:24 am
but this may be down to the map choices and the available gameplay as I don’t particularly like the 2 maps in beta as they are small and offer COD style shooter experience NOT an open BF warzone with infantry, tanks and aircraft. A bit worrying if these are meant to be show casing it.

Its always going to be down to personal preference I suppose but I was never a fan of the huge maps in any battlefield game, If you compare this BF5 map to early cod games we used to play its huge :lol:

For me its just the right size, it allows you to get straight in the action and try out a lot of what the game has to offer 8)

I really like the layout of the beta map, all the buildings and routes are cool, I have not experienced any bugs apart from be kicked out of windows when I recieved a notification.

I think with these games the more you understand the more fun you get, at the moment its quite a learning curve for me 8O

Cheers
|2es-mrix

l2es-mrix
Community Founder

Post by l2es-mrix » Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:26 pm

Roguesamurai wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:40 am

if there is no longer an Team Speak channel.
Hi Rogue we do still have a Teamspeak, it hardly ever gets used and I dont know why I keep paying for it :lol:

Address here 109.169.56.196:10997

Password battlefield5

l2es-brune
Planetside 2 moderator

Post by l2es-brune » Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:51 pm

If I get on I’ll hop on TS :) I might enjoy it more in the company of other old codgers!

l2es-mrix
Community Founder

Post by l2es-mrix » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:33 pm

l2es-brune wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:51 pm
If I get on I’ll hop on TS :) I might enjoy it more in the company of other old codgers!
And one Youngster like myself :wink: 8)

Cheers
|2es-mrix

l2es-brune
Planetside 2 moderator

Post by l2es-brune » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:07 pm

sorry chaps, kids wore me out!