BattleField 5 Looks Sexy!

Topics only related to the game franchise Battle in this forum.

Moderator: l2es-Java

l2es-mrix
Community Founder

Re: BattleField 5 Looks Sexy!

Post by l2es-mrix » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:33 pm

l2es-brune wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:07 pm
sorry chaps, kids wore me out!
Blimey you starting to sound like me old chap :lol:

Hope to see you soon!

|2es-mrix

Roguesamurai

Post by Roguesamurai » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:19 pm

Had a couple of hours on the game last night and I can't make my mind up on it yet. The game is very much a Battlefield 1.5 in that the only real differences from Battlefield 1 are cosmetic. I couldn't take to Battlefield 1, I played it for a couple of months when it came out but soon stopped playing it. Like BF1 it doesn't have the feel of a Battlefield game for me. It has become a game which is appealing to a much wider audience than the traditional Battlefield games. To none Battlefield fans this will be good, but for us not so much so. I didn't get to try any tanks or planes, but from what I've seen online they aren't much fun. Killing ground troops from the air is now very difficult. They seem to have separated vehicles and infantry with the design, so it's more planes Vs planes and tanks, with infantry left alone more to fight each other. A lot of players used to hate being killed by aircraft in previous Battlefields, especially snipers. Also with a lack of AA missiles in WW1 & WW2 having aircraft being able to kill infantry too easily would be a pain. I'm starting to waffle a bit, what I'm trying to say is that there are aspects of the old games that I miss from the new game, but I can understand why they are missing. It's a much more infantry focused game with lots of run&gun and plenty of camp sites for snipers (my pet hate).
The pluses, the graphics are fantastic, but not too demanding. I have an Intel 4770k CPU with a GTX980ti card and 16gb of RAM, a decent system though some of it is a few yrs old now, and I can run it on Ultra nice and smooth with no lag. I did have some fun after the first hour of being killed. Easy to get into, I was really rough the first hour, constantly being killed. R6 Seige tactics don't work on this game. I found a more run&gun playstyle served me better and I get some respectable kd ratios.
I need more time with it to make my mind up, I'm 50/50 ATM. R6 Seige still keeps me entertained and frustrated. Insurgency Sandstorm is a few weeks away. WW3 sometime this year. It's a tough choice. Battlefield 1 was a disappointment, with the stupid blimps, indestructible trains, mindless battleship. Thankfully all that bollox is gone. It's a good infantry game with a hint of Battlefield.

l2es-mrix
Community Founder

Post by l2es-mrix » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:34 am

I think graphic and immersion wise the game is stunning, I think people are just generally so critical these days and most of the time its simply a case many have just got tired of investing time into such games, " this maybe me "
If you think back to the days of Medal of Honour and the early Cod games, these games kept us entertained for years :!: :lol:
I suppose at the end of the day there is only so far you can go with the game play ?
I have not played any BF games for a good few years and I suppose if anything this game has certainly brought back a feeling of nostalgia 8)
I have played it a fair few times now, its not a game I dislike but do I want to invest my time in it ??? on the fence at the moment.,....
Cheers
|2es-mrix

l2es-brune
Planetside 2 moderator

Post by l2es-brune » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:52 am

Well I have given it a good run of 10 or so hours hit about rank 8 (i suck hard!) and as a mindless run and gun shooter it looks great, plays pretty tight as a shooter and destruction is lovely as usual BUT it is not a true battlefield game of days of old. For me there is no wow! or epic! moments and no scale of grandeur representing a huge theatre of war akin to the games of old, certainly not in the maps on offer. (Having said that I play a shit load of domination in BF4 and BF1! .....)
I have seen comments that it is pretty much a reskin of star wars battlefront 2 mashed in with BF1.
I think in terms of a Battlefield game they have ballsed it up, I think they should have maybe aimed at calling it Bad Company 3 (BFBC2 was fucking awesome) and maybe the more diehard Conquest air/armour/infantry players may have been a bit more understanding. Don’t get me wrong there is nothing wrong with a good run and gun FPS if that is your bag but Dice have forgotten their main audience while trying to appeal to COD players with this current iteration. I would love a new game that a few of us could play for some laughs once again but even if I punt £35 (cdkeys) at this I don’t think it has legs and is the answer! (Also mrix has cock teased us with BF4 and BF1 and been a no show!)

l2es-mrix
Community Founder

Post by l2es-mrix » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:32 pm

l2es-brune wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:52 am
(Also mrix has cock teased us with BF4 and BF1 and been a no show!)
Yes I hold my hands up on that count :oops:

Also with this game I believe it gets released in November ? I am on Holiday for 3 weeks in Thailand so once again miss the start :cry:

Generally the game is not looking very promising so far is it :lol:

|2es-mrix

Roguesamurai

Post by Roguesamurai » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:30 pm

Mrix there are probably hedgehogs hibernating in your pc by now. The mouse has evolved into a small horse like creature and is feeding off the grass growing on your keyboard :D
Does it still work? You'll have to upgrade the floppy drive you know. Luckily those CRT monitors last a long time so should be ok with that :lol:

I'm on the fence about the game still. I could do with something different, R6 Seige still keeps me going, but could do with something new. I will def get one of the new games at least. BFV, Insurgency Sandstorm, WW3. Insurgency is out 1st, followed by BFV, then WW3. So I may end up getting all 3 if each one in turn doesn't grab me. WW3 although a LOT like BF4 offers me the best hope, as BF4 was brilliant I thought. Because it's so much like BF4 it offers all the things a BF should. Large maps, Armour, Jets, Heli's, as well as all the usual infantry.

l2es-mrix
Community Founder

Post by l2es-mrix » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:01 pm

Roguesamurai wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:30 pm
Mrix there are probably hedgehogs hibernating in your pc by now. The mouse has evolved into a small horse like creature and is feeding off the grass growing on your keyboard :D
Does it still work? You'll have to upgrade the floppy drive you know. Luckily those CRT monitors last a long time so should be ok with that :lol:
I have not attempted to open the box as I am not sure what I would find but you could be right :oops: :lol:

Unfortunately I am off to Thailand on the 5th November so I will miss release once again :(

|2es-mrix